Wednesday, January 14, 2015

Looking Up and Looking Back

Today’s Numbers: Nancy's Total Movement Mileage: 50.8 (running: 18; walking: 3; biking: 29.8) Money Found For Food Bank: $12.11

2,015 in 2015 Team Progress (yes, we still need a name): Nancy: 50.8  Aaron: 20.8 (b: 10; w: 9.6)  Elly: 8.2 Total: 79.8

When I was a tweener, even though that's not what we were called then, I loved doing latch hook kits. I don't remember why I got my first one, but I was -- no pun intended -- hooked. I still have that rainbow kit that I made into a pillow:

That Christmas, I received a couple of other kits. One was a rug, and it was a woodsy scene with the sun setting behind the black-shadowed trees. I'm pretty sure my brother picked it out for me. Anyway, I loved making it with all of the sunset colors, but, the part that struck me the most was there was a small patch of blue right in the middle of the sky. There's no way I can describe it, but it was well placed and added that little something to the scene. I loved the spot, and I loved the color. I didn't love that it only took about 9 pieces of yarn to complete it while the trees took thousands of dark brown, but, I digress.

This is all a very long way of describing exactly what I think about when I see a scene like this one from this morning's run ...
I don't have that rug anymore, but I've never forgotten it. I like that I see it now and then when I'm out and about.

Today's run was great for not just a trip down memory lane but also for lacking a wind chill (yay!) and finding a bunch of money (score!). The temps are still cold, so one of the quarters I found was frozen to the ground. But, it was no match for the car key strategy to pry it right on off of there!

In other running news, virtual running partner extraordinaire, Mary Kate, and I have deemed February 14 Frozen Booty virtual run day!! Pit Crew #2 is joining us as well. Can you think of a better way to celebrate Valentine's Day? I told Mary Kate to ask her husband to be waiting at the end of her run with a glass of wine. That should help take the sting out anyway. That or chocolate covered strawberries, just sayin'.

Okay, so today's run is done; tomorrow is Rest Day! For part of the day, I will be investigating new recipes because I love-but-am-bored-with many in our rotation. I'll let you know if I stumble across a winner! Enjoy the rest of your Wednesday, and I'll check in from my culinary arts investigations!

No comments:

Post a Comment