Saturday, March 1, 2014

Why Put Off 'Til Tomorrow ...

Today’s Numbers: Nancy's Days Run: 39 Nancy's 2013 Mileage: 123.8 Elly's 2013 Mileage: 61.8 Money Found For Food Bank: $13.20

Yeah, I know I was supposed to rest from running today, but the looming forecast of a Winter storm hit my brain early this morning, and I figured if I could pry myself out of bed that it would be in my best interest to go ahead and run tomorrow's miles today. Not only would the run happen outside, but running today also meant I still get two days in a row off, Sunday and Monday. I couldn't have planned this better if I'd tried, so running today was a huge blessing and bonus!

Elly joined me for a quick three where we sped up in the beginning just to get my blood rolling and warming me up! It wasn't so much the temperature as it was the wind biting me ... such is the story of this calendar year thus far, amiright ?! Of course, such issues don't seem to bother the hound. Other things, like running along fences with dogs behind them, get her. Can you tell she just ran past some fierce competitors?
"They freak out at me because they're
jealous. They're all caged up, and I'm
on an adventure! I win!"
While Elly got her hackles in a wad, I kept my eye on the prize of finishing. That and on the road to find today's 4-cent bank. Whee!!

With a  quick whirl around the streets, we finished ready to take on the weekend!
My wardrobe says, "Happy March," while
Elly's quick change yesterday says, "If
you can't beat the late snow, you may as
well embrace it!"
So, with no real reliable information about our weather situation, I'll check in tomorrow and show just what happened so we know just how good the decision to run today was! I'm sure it was good ... I want to see how good !! In the meantime, it's soyrizo sliders night in the house (remember these?! YUM!), so it's time to cook! I'll see you tomorrow with the most accurate kind of weather report -- the kind that tells you what already happened! See you then ...

No comments:

Post a Comment