Friday, March 28, 2014

Rest Day Perusal

HAPPY FRIDAY!!! WAHOOOOOOOOOO!!!!

Can you believe March is almost over?? Where'd it go?! I had a very hard time getting on board with it ever being March ... or, Spring ... given the crazed weather, so trying to convince me that I have a Half Marathon to run in just two weeks is a difficult task indeed! It's so weird!!

I started consciously thinking about it today, because ... well ... because I kind of have to. That and I have my 12-miler tomorrow morning, so mentally getting on board is prudent! I started thinking about all aspects of it including one of my very favorite activities: THE EXPO!! (Yeah!! Buy stuff!)

I was mentally mapping my run when out and about with the Crewers today. We checked out a local store that had some fun things to see ... kind of reminded me of the Expo perusing! For instance, there's this:
Loved this -- and, not a hobby-runner anywhere can't relate to
such a sentiment. Let's face it, sometimes, we're all kinds of mess!
I've grown to embrace the beauty of that mess!
And, then there was this:
What's an outing without a nod to the sweet hound?!
And, we all loved this:
Bring it.
Of course, just like at the Expo, I took more pictures than bought stuff, but that's alright because that's how I roll! It was a fun way to look around and giggle with my Crew pals on this Rest Day!

Tomorrow? It's the biggest training run on the schedule, and I'm almost  looking forward to it!! I keep mentally running routes to decide which ones I want to see, scope and/or revisit. I'll check in and let you know how it all shakes out! In the meantime, enjoy the kick-off to your weekend, and I'll see you tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment