Sunday, March 16, 2014

Exercise At Its Finest, Right?!

My decision to run yesterday instead of today was serendipitous to say the least as I was awakened at 4 a.m. to very heavy, whistling winds! The forecast was for a pretty massive change in the weather, and they were right! By the time I would have been running, the temperature (low 30s) would have been okay, but the wind would have been more of an issue than I would have appreciated! And, who wants to start a morning off like that?!

I'll tell you who has a great, late morning most mornings ... the pooch! Ever since her cousin Abby sent her rawhides for Christmas, she has been hooked!! And, her teeth are the major benefactors of it, so I have no problem perpetuating the habit!!! Yesterday, when I went to get her daily installation, which she reminds me to do in case I forget, I noticed the label on the bag ...
... and, I couldn't think of how awesome it would be if there were something edible for humans specifically labeled for exercise ... like, all we had to do was chew, enjoy, and we get to call it a form of workout!

Oh, right, like I'm the only one who doesn't find this a little unjust ... !

I know I know I know I know ... totally different kind of exercise! It still struck me as funny the same way as these strike me as terribly cute:
Look at how gross her paws are as she
works to take this rawhide down! Yeah,
that's slob. All. Over. Her. Paws.
"What."
Even better than how gross her paws get is that she gets her
ears gunky in the exer-hiding process! Fabulous!
Elly just finished getting her Sunday oral workout on as I'm about to hit the weights. Speaking of working out, there's a critter in the house we've deemed less than enthused by exercise:
Clearly, I am referring to the four-legged sloth being held by Pit Crew #2. PC#2 admits that she, herself, is a major contributor to Lizzy's laze as she carries Lizzy around everywhere. Because Lizzy demands  it.
Cats rule entirely.
While there should not be any accumulation, the snow flakes coming down are getting bigger. It's March 16, so why not? At least I have another day for the weather to turn back around (seriously, I can't keep up!) before heading out for the next run! Until then, have a great start to your week, and I'll check in tomorrow to kick off the week!

No comments:

Post a Comment