Tuesday, March 11, 2014

Nice and Easy Does It

Today’s Numbers: Nancy's Days Run: 43 Nancy's 2013 Mileage: 151.1 Elly's 2013 Mileage: 80.1 Money Found For Food Bank: $16.64

Oh how I do love the week's short run! It's not normally on a Tuesday, but that's what this week brings (seriously, my training schedule is all over the place ... April's Half oughta be interesting ...)! This run also fell on the warmest morning we've had (or are going to have) for quite some time, so it was wonderful to get out there and soak up some fresh air!!

It was warm enough out that Elly got her pant on almost immediately ...
Her pant. Not pants. She doesn't wear
pants ...
... with the warm weather exemplified by the slime on her tongue:
Ewww ... this is when a post-run smooch is discouraged ...
To be honest, the only thing on my mind during this morning's run was this week's long run, now scheduled for Thursday. Will it be hot? Will it be chilly? Will it start out chilly only to suddenly feel hot? What will I wear? Where's the best route? Do I route for roads or for coins? Good grief, what's a girl to do?

All of those questions and more will be answered by tomorrow. In the meantime, today, we took our 16 cents and ran! Literally!

While my leg continues to feel quite good, the back is taking much longer to heal, so a good night's sleep is not a guarantee right now! Therefore, I'm hoping for a really chill day tomorrow and two good nights of sleep before Thursday! A girl can hope.

If not for a hopeful outlook, I wouldn't have convinced myself running even a mile all those years ago was possible, just sayin' ...

A day off of running is on the books for tomorrow! Take it easy for the rest of your day, and I'll check in tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment