Wednesday, March 5, 2014

Birds Of a Feather Emerge

Today’s Numbers: Nancy's Days Run: 40 Nancy's 2013 Mileage: 131.1 Elly's 2013 Mileage: 69.1 Money Found For Food Bank: $14.56

I thought this was cool:
from the Running While Mommy Facebook page
And, to that end, Elly and I marched forth! See?
There are my feet going going going ...
It was 10 degrees warmer from yesterday which brought out all kinds of people to run today! For real, in my third mile, they were everywhere! It was really quite inspiring. It's one thing to keep going and going and going and see no one else on their feet; it's entirely another to have some kind of company.
"What am I, mommy? Chopped liv-ah?!"
Seeing other people out helps prove what I already know -- that there are thousands of people out there training for the very same run for which I've registered. I've known that, but the more people I actually see, the more exciting the reality of the event is -- like it's actually happening even though there's been no other indication of it besides the date I wrote on the calendar (a notation that has almost felt fictional during this Winter lead-up to it!). Even if they're not running the same race, it's nice to see the buzz of activity.

And, this morning, I actually -- wait ... for ... it ... -- stretched before heading out today to give my healing back a chance for success. And, it seemed to help considerably!! I don't normally bother on the shorter runs, but it's gotten to the point of just being required. Here's to hoping the rest of the day is ache free in the back zone!

It was a short (and 40-cent profitable) out and back today to gear up for Friday's long run. Yes, indeed, we keep going forth! I'll check tomorrow ... see you then ...

No comments:

Post a Comment