Monday, March 24, 2014

Decision 2014

Hello! Happy Monday! And, all that jazz!! I hope your week started off with a great day!! It's a Rest Day here, and that worked out just splendid for me!

In fact, it's back to calling them Rest Days as I've made a decision. Here it is *ahem* : After almost three full months of doing and thinking (both  were important), I've decided to put aside my do-something-every-day challenge and continue to focus on the delightful balance I'd struck between running and the rest of my life!

Insert applause: HERE!!

I took on the self-imposed challenged to see what I could do/if I could do it. And, to be honest, I have no doubt that I could do it. But, I plain don't want to anymore. Half of the days off of running became a drag because I felt I had  to do something else. I'm certain that it didn't work well for me because even though there is certainly a benefit to any and every bit of exercise you can do, I did not have a goal beyond "can I do this" to keep me motivated. I already knew that answer, so, it bored me. Or, it annoyed me. And, I'm finished with it.

None of this is to say I won't be active on the Rest Days. Let's face it, the days of practically imposing a moratorium on moving on Rest Days is well behind me. And, I'm thankful for that. In fact, I think by lifting the requirement, I'll be more inclined to think of something fun to do. And, on days I don't feel like it, it'll be just fine.

I think making it almost three full months is actually something to be proud of. I don't recall the many rounds of running I tried before it finally stuck lasting three months at a time! And, even if it's not necessarily something to be proud of, I definitely feel good about giving it enough time to make a solid, vs. a reactive, decision.

I'll react to my decision now, though: WAHOO!!!!
Oh my gosh I love rainbows! And, I think Natalie Dee is
hilarious! And, I'm so relieved to make this decision! Whee!
No, I don't think of myself as a quitter in the least. In fact, quite the opposite. And, deciding to refocus and stay in tune with what I need and want to accomplish is most definitely a means to that end!

Don't be afraid to reevaluate, adjust, tweak, twerk, change, realign ... it really is okay!! I'm a fan of doing things for a purpose authentic to the person, so, this person is sticking to running all by itself right now! Speaking of goals, tomorrow's slated for a morning 5-miler! The hound and I will check in after!

No comments:

Post a Comment