Wednesday, March 26, 2014

Onward We Go!

Today’s Numbers: Nancy's Days Run: 51 Nancy's 2013 Mileage: 192.6 Elly's 2013 Mileage: 105.2 Money Found For Food Bank: $19.68

Has someone been spying on Elly so as to make this card?!
That's precisely how she acts when certain factors are in place:
  • she figures out I got up and got dressed without showering
  • she investigates which shoes I put on. Oh yes. She knows.
  • she follows me around without being told, "No, Elly, not today."
  • And, finally, the key to her heart: The leash comes off its hook.
Booyah. Spastic dog.
"You forgot 'beautiful', mommy. Spastic,
beautiful dog. *whapwhapwhap*"
We had an easy three to go this morning with the only real factor making it not very easy being I didn't really feel like going the amount of wind and the blinding sun. I don't like the former, and I'm not used to the latter, what can I say ...

Elly had her own issues when she set off a firestorm  of dogs barking. First, one started from behind a fence. Then, another was set off behind a privacy fence (always confusing for a hound), and, finally, the third chimed in. Elly let our her usual 'am-I-wimpering-or-am-I-gearing-up-for-a-beat-down' noises while she trotted along:
"They're coming from all directions! They're everywhere!"
"But, I'm ready. In fact, I think I'll eat them."
That was her main event excitement. Mine was in finding more money than I would have guessed on this route at this distance (6 cents is 6 cents!!) as well as additional BBs ...
Fantastic!
From here? Two straight days of rest (yeah !!) before 12 on the weekend!! In the meantime, I hope you've taken a moment -- even just a moment -- to make sure what you're doing right now (not literally right now ...) is what you want and what you need and not something just because you always have (or, in my case, said you would for no apparent reason)! I continue to do this mental house cleaning, and it's doing me wonders!
And, tomorrow? Not only do we rest, but I'll let you know what this is all about ...
See you then!

No comments:

Post a Comment