Sunday, March 2, 2014

Conspiracy Theory

Okay, for real ... this was the outcome of the snow storm that was supposed to happen overnight last night:
Now, that is a mixture of sleet and snow on the road, so I wouldn't have run in it anyway. But, still. Storm? Aaron decided the whole thing has been a conspiracy of the grocery store managers to get the word out about an impending storm to drum up business. Hey, it's as good of a theory as any theoretical forecast we receive ...!

It's cold as crap out there, too, by the way. I think the wind chill when I finally got up was -7. Elly had already been out to do some biz, so she already knew ...
... and, she had no plans to go anywhere!
Rumor has it that the cold temps are supposed to endure through April. While I really don't know what qualifies as an enduring cold temperature, I will say that's actually a bit of good news to runners ears because it gives hope that there won't be that sudden turn-around day ... "Yesterday, it was 30, but today, it's 65. Deal with it." I've dealt, and I've not liked it, so maybe that's part of the upcoming silver lining of this weirdness?

The fam was happy for the running schedule switch so we could make sliders last night which is a meal I cannot have the night before a run. Ground turkey and soyrizo ... yeah, not a good, predictable fuel ...
On the flip side of that information, didn't they look delish?!

I usually just eat mine with a fork and knife and get the fixin's on the fork in some manner, but I did make one with the ciabatta buns. Holy yum, it was fabulous!! One bun's enough for me, though. Bread just gets in the way of taste for me. Unless it's an everything bagel ...
Now we're talkin' ...
Well, we have 3-5" of snow forecast for this afternoon, so, tomorrow, I'll see you from a balmy 60 degree Sunday ... ! Seriously, I can't keep up and don't even want to try! But, I will keep up with what's on the docket for tomorrow as it's a rest from running day!! Enjoy the rest of your weekend, go with the flow at your end, and I'll check in tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment