Monday, March 17, 2014

Confessions Of a Forgetfulholic

"You can't pinch me because I have
some awesome green eyes."
It's not just Monday, it's St. Patrick's Day!! Happy one to you if you care about it! I have to admit that I don't care one bit except it gives me a great excuse to do something fun like make all food that can be made green, green! You're about to see, but, first, I have an important order of business to attend to. Friends, it's confession time ...! (da ... da ... daaaaaaaaa !!)

You might recall yesterday that I mentioned I was about to go do weights for my every-day-in-2014 challenge installment. Apparently, what happened was, I signed off from the computer, I walked away, and I completely forgot. Right out of the ol' head went that plan! 'Gone to not be revisited nor reconsidered until I was almost asleep somewhere near 11:30 p.m.! I don't even know why it wound up back in the forefront of my mind, but it arrived like a shot, my eyes flew open, and -- then! -- I simply shut my eyes, and I went to sleep.

Ahhhhh ...

I just wanted to share that even through our very best of intentions, we sometimes blow it. And, all you have to do is (a) remember you're human, and (b) simply resume the next day. Ta-da! It really is that simple! At least, it's become that simple to me, and I like living in world where I don't need to punish, degrade or otherwise think badly of myself for something that, ultimately, doesn't matter and/or is fixable. Besides, for all of the days that I've not quit when I would have liked to, this mental misstep was either bound to happen or was an unexpected reward. Or, it was what I like to call: both!

So, I'm back at it today working on balance exercises throughout the day (and, I've already accomplished some, so all is current and accurate!) in between work, house work AND -- my favorite thing to do today -- turn it all green!!

Amidst the other efforts, my two favorite green-menu repeats are scrambled eggs and the peanut butter. I sent the young Crewers to school with their green peanut butter sandwiches, but I used the leftover on some toast to go with my eggs this morning. See?
And, yes, even the milk goes green:
With that, I leave you to your celebrating (or ... not? Seriously, such an intriguing holiday. Wait, is it a holiday? This is all very confusing ...), and Elly and I will check in after our morning run!

No comments:

Post a Comment