Saturday, March 8, 2014

Credit Earned Is Credit Due

I just walked by the latest installment of my Runner's World subscription, which I totally love reading when I find the time to do so, and I saw, "How To Be EPIC" as one of the teaser titles. The only thing I could think was, "I'd be epic if I weren't tired ..."

Then THAT thought took me back to some of the words I wrote in those scrapbook pages I shared yesterday. These are the ones: "I absolutely gave this run my all. But, I absolutely did not give myself the credit I'd earned for doing it at all."

Two and a half years later, the perspective is so much better than in the moment because, really, who's to say that July 2011 run wasn't an epic moment?! The fact is, it was. That run tested all of my limits. And, it was really hot. And, I struggled. But, I got there! I also very harshly judged myself afterward amidst my glow of the finish. And, that was unnecessary.

When you give something everything you've got, your accomplishment is something to be proud of. Period.

I simply must keep that thought in mind on my run tomorrow when I head on out there no matter how tired I might be! And, let's face it, on top of many muscles continuing to work out their kinks, it's also spring-forward day which can only lead one to having a case of the sleepies!

Sleepy or not, though, I will also have my pal!! You know the one ...
... provided I can get her out of this pose:
She does have this pose mastered ...
(I took that of her the other day after finishing her latest blanket. It was too cute not to share!)

Give credit where credit is due ... including to yourself! ... and, I'll see you after our morning run!

ps: Today's Do Something Every Day challenge came in the form of working on my balance. My left legs kicks the butt of my right leg in terms of stability and longevity of holding a pose ... looks like there's some work do be done to equalize!

No comments:

Post a Comment