Friday, February 28, 2014

Focus Then Dink

Happy Friday and happy last day of February!!! I know it doesn't feel like it's going to be March tomorrow, but it is! I'm not sure the Wintery forecast is exactly what is meant by "March Madness," but, I think that's exactly what we're about to get! In fact, the forecast for my next scheduled run on Sunday is not looking good for outside time to the point I almost got up today and ran a mile just because I could. Then, I thought better of it and stayed in bed! I could have done a mile, but I made myself take the rest that was scheduled. Weights will do for today; I need to not overdo the running when I'm having enough of a time with the schedule as it is!

I really did want to use some of my off-schedule days to add up some miles to the year-end mileage goal, but if this Winter has taught me anything, it's to make sure I'm completely in tune with what I need, body and soul, and take care of that in a focused way. While my leg is almost completely better, I can feel a twinge deep in the muscle if I hit it wrong. And, my back is almost all good from shoveling (just in time for another round of snow? Yeah, I think I have some young Crewers who might want to earn some money ...). So, now's the time to definitely focus on taking care of this mad crazy running machine my physical health!

Besides, I can dink around with my miles all I want once June starts and my two, long registered runs are behind me especially since I just learned the next cupcake virtual run is expected for May! WAHOO!! Like last year, their May run will likely translate into a July jaunt for me (as will be conspired with virtual running partner extraordinaire Mary Kate!), but, the point is, it's coming!!

The moral of my personal story today: Focus Now, Dink Around Later!

In the meantime, I treated myself to some prizes today ...
YUM.
That's right! The planning to paint this ...
I know, it's been a few months since you saw this ... like, four.
But, isn't there some saying about not rushing art? Or, is it
 you can't rush perfection? Or, is it love? Shoot, I don't know.
... took another step today thanks to not only paints and supplies being on sale but also being able to use a coupon for the full purchase on top of  the sale price!! That's music to the ears of this penny-picker-upper! Of course, I have two other paint projects in the queue along with the above, what can I say ...

My running brain is all over the place seeing as the weather doesn't lend itself to focusing on an upcoming Half Marathon, so why not let my creative brain go all willy-nilly, too?! I love the parts of life that don't have to be in order to still be really fun and, when I'm a little lucky, fun!

Enjoy whatever is swirling around your brain today, and I'll see you on my double-dip of Rest Days!

No comments:

Post a Comment