Sunday, March 30, 2014

Double Dose Of Awesome

Today’s Numbers: Nancy's Days Run: 53 Nancy's 2013 Mileage: 209.3 Elly's 2013 Mileage: 109.7 Money Found For Food Bank: $20.47

This is simply outstanding:
Of course, we all remember I needed a little empirical evidence to even consider yesterday's run something beyond 'acceptable'! But, when I set sail on this morning's run, you bet I felt every bit of those 12 miles, and I wasn't sure how to make it through today's! I'm not even kidding -- walking the entire thing was on my mind as an option! I resisted, though, because I really wanted to know that I could do it!

Yes, I still have those thoughts. But, they've progressed from if I can do something to merely reminding myself that I can. Again with the empirical evidence. And, everyone thinks there's only one scientist in the house ... hahahahahaha!

Anyway, for real, that first mile blew!! My legs were aching and could have used a real warm up for sure. But, the whole experience was made much better by not just having Elly along with me, but Aaron actually kind-of-reluctantly-but-not-really jumped at the idea of joining me! Yay!! Oh, that didn't keep him from whining about the chill in the air (sigh) nor from trash talking about finding one penny more than I did this morning (yeah, trash talking it ...), but I was very glad for the company!

And, without Aaron today, this would not have been found!
I have no idea how he spied that amongst all of the dead leaves in the road, but he did, and our collective finds sent the Food Bank total over the $20 mark today!! YAHOO!! The $19 range was a long one ... let's hope the money pace picks up again!

In the meantime, you know how there's a rampant surge of the 'will run for cupcakes' theme? I'm just saying that this wasn't me:
For the most part today, we had the streets to ourselves. I particularly like the street option when there's someone else with me so we have more space to be side by side to accommodate the real reason anyone would run with someone: the talking. Or, is that just me ... Anyway, there were a handful of times we needed to jump ship and get on the sidewalk which is when this was my view:
I cannot tell you how tempting it was to goose her ...
Our route was not just profitable, but it was also a half mile longer than written on the calendar. Boo.Yah. Some days, a half mile doesn't seem very long. On others, it's forever. You now know why that earned an emphasized booyah ... for both of us:
On deck for tomorrow? REST. It might even rain -- how crazy would it be for a Rest Day and a rainy day to coincide?! I'd take it! Enjoy the rest of your weekend!! Do something that just makes you smile (We have some 4-square waiting to be played!), and I'll check in tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment