Wednesday, March 19, 2014

We Did Run, Right?!

Today’s Numbers: Nancy's Days Run: 47 Nancy's 2013 Mileage: 174.1 Elly's 2013 Mileage: 92.7 Money Found For Food Bank: $19.28

Not only was it a running day, but it was a bonus day for me because Aaron joined me!! He had the day off after some travel, so what better way than to hit the streets for three miles with me and the hound? Who wouldn't want to do that ?! heeheehee ... He's a good sport. He was a double-good sport because it was super chilly!! The upper 30s with a big ol' wind is not particularly enjoyable ... unless you're behind Elly watching her ears:
Thanks to Aaron, the run really flew by. I don't even remember most of it because we talked and giggled and complained about the wind and stopped at a store for a potty break (confusing Elly on so many levels) and just had some fun.

Also thanks to Aaron, though, he broke Rule #1 of scoping drive-thrus for coins; the "Don't scare the people there" rule. I can't honestly say he necessarily scared  a manager who suddenly showed up at the window, but he certainly brought attention to us with his very exuberant, baritone-of-a-voice proclamations of, "A DIME!" And, "Ooo, there's a pennyyyyyyyyyy." Rule #2: No calling attention to the pretend covert op ...

All together, we found 36 more cents. Better yet, I found these:
It's another bounty of pink flamingos!! You might recall that my dad loves pink flamingos the same as my love for hedgehogs grows (I know, weird ... but, awesome ...). Anyway, a picture for him was very necessary. Elly found it necessary to take the picture and run because there's a dog that lives behind that fence, and, sometimes when we run by it, the dog bolts out and scares the crap out of her. Poor baby.

Before I knew it, and with little recollection of the run-for-running's-sake, we were finished!! And, boy, did we look fantastic when we were!
Don't hate us because we're beautiful.
Elly says, "If that were the case, everyone
would hate me all the time ...!"
Recalling the steps and the streets or not, we did it, and they're in the bank! The 11-miler is on deck for Saturday but not before two breaks from running in a row!! I know, I just did that!! I love how it all worked out! I'll see you tomorrow on the first of the duo!

No comments:

Post a Comment