Friday, March 7, 2014

Title Wars

Today’s Numbers: Nancy's Days Run: 41 Nancy's 2013 Mileage: 140.1 Elly's 2013 Mileage: 69.1 Money Found For Food Bank: $15.02

Once I made my running plan for today, I immediately knew what I could call my post. Then, things happened, and the title kept evolving. In order, the top three titles were as follows:
  1. I Bribed Myself With a Bagel To Run; Is There Anything Wrong With That?
  2. Pot Luck
  3. I Developed a Case Of the Munchies Because Of Today's Run
That's all about to make sense ...

Okay, the other day, I found some time to scrapbook (yeah!!), which is when I keep chopping away at scrapbooking my runs. I am currently not current (ha!) as I'm working on 2011 and the 10K I participated in that July:
While working on those pages, I realized I'd not run much of those roads in quite some time, and I thought it would be a good way to mix up my training to get on over there. BESIDES, there's a fabulous bagel shop nearby, and a bagel reward after 9 miles seemed more than reasonable to me. Am. I. Right?!

Title #1 more than makes sense at this point. Keep reading ...

I incorporated some roads I'd not before run thinking there was plenty of sidewalk to use along a very busy stretch of road. I was mostly right. But, mostly doesn't count, and I found myself in the grass for a hefty stretch:
I don't get along with dirt trails very well. They seem to hate
me. What I really didn't need was another kick in the can ...
See? It just keeps going! And, clearly, I'm
not the only one with the what-gives about
the sidewalk very suddenly just -- stopping.
Okay, I'm pleased to report I made it out and back without injury. In fact, I made it through without so much as a stumble, so, I was very pleased. No, I saved that moment where I thought I was going to fall when I was crossing an intersection and took one last look to make sure the car I saw stopping really was stopping. Oh, the driver saw me and was stopping with absolutely no issue, but it was at that moment of looking that I stumbled just a wee bit and almost fell like a boss. That would have been quite a story not to mention would have likely evoked a whole other title option.

Fortunately, again, I kept myself upright and reasonably in tune to my surroundings. It's important to be alert when running so you can do things like spy money ...
The most banged-up quarter I've ever seen, but it still says,
"Cha-ching!"
... avoid the dead opossum ...
I opted for this rather than take a picture of the first, warm-day
road kill. Even on the side of the road, that sucker looked mean.
... and spy the bag of pot:
The extra titles make a little more sense, now, don't they ...

Now, I've seen a lot of weird, if not gross, stuff while out running, but this was a first for me. In case you are wondering, I left it there. That's not one for the collection of running prizes.

So, when someone tells you they went running today, you can say, "Okay, but did you find a bag of pot while you were at it?"

I pondered this finding for my last two miles if for no other reason than it gave me something to think about completely out of my normal wheelhouse of choices. That's also when I thought it would be funny to tie in my bagel desire with the pot for today's title, but the insinuation isn't accurate, so I opted not. (I only know what it smells like. And, I only know that because when I was an RA in college, we were trained to know. Actually, now that I think about it, we weren't just trained  to know what it smells like, we were paid to know. That's kind of funny. Oh, and then I thought about how ironic it was that I found some money just a little way up from the pot, and, in my head, I was all, "How funny. It's like a dime bag." But, then that's not only not  where I found today's dime, but I believe that term has nothing to do with pot. Then I thought about how very little I know about all of this stuff. And, then I liked what that said about me. So, I went back to thinking about getting a bagel because I was almost finished running and hadn't yet had breakfast ...)

By the time I finished, I realized I was at the front end of Aaron's potential lunch time, so I called to see if he could and wanted to meet me. I won!
I see your bagel, and raise you a hubby!
Now, that's love because I was not April fresh ...

Okay, so the running report is that I am still running on the slower end of my personal minute-per-mile window, but I'm good with it. I don't prefer it, but that's what I've been handed for this round of training. It'll speed up to where I'd like or it won't, but I am not going to force it when I know I'm still healing a whole host of muscular issues. None of this is worth getting further hurt, but it is worth getting out there and enjoying the journey! (Yeah, I used that The Bachelor-ruined-that-word-for-life word!)

I hope your day and start to your weekend is full of fun surprises! Tomorrow, we rest from running! I'll check in then!

No comments:

Post a Comment