Sunday, March 23, 2014

Hey, Inertia ... Flip Faster, Please!

Today’s Numbers: Nancy's Days Run: 49 Nancy's 2013 Mileage: 184.2 Elly's 2013 Mileage: 96.8 Money Found For Food Bank: $19.62

You know how I've been among many to note you should never, ever judge a run by its first mile? Okay, I'm about to rephrase:

Never, ever judge a run by the one you take on the day after your 11-miler. Just. Sayin'.

The training schedule, when followed correctly and isn't messed up by random life changes, has a 4-miler scheduled after both 10-mile runs. (The first time I saw that, I thought it was just mean, by the way.) So, this is one of many times I've run the very next day after 10 or more miles. You'd think it would get better. It hasn't for me, though, so in a wise decision to build in an excuse to just kind of cruise along, I took the dog. YEAH, I used her. Totally. She didn't seem to mind. In fact, she doesn't care what reason I'm taking her as long as she gets to go!

Every, single time I turned around this morning, Elly was at my heals. Waiting. And, looking longingly. But, as soon as I'd look at her, she'd look away as though she wasn't doing a thing ...
Your waggy, insistent tail betrays the coy
look you're trying to pull off. I'm totally
on to you ...
So, I finally got myself in gear, and the hound and I took off! Might I note that I'm getting a little more than weirded out by seeing these?
I know I've not yet mentioned it, but there has been a whole host of banana peels strewn around out there! They're in completely different locations from each other, too, so it's not like there's any rhyme or reason. They're just out there. And, when you barely catch it out of the corner of your eye because you're smart enough to look down for money, it's difficult to push away that stuff your mom always taught you about how it's possible to slip and kill yourself on a banana peel because anything can happen (or whatever that's about). I don't think it's a banana peel that's going to get me, by the way. A sidewalk jut or rut in a trail? Possibly. But, not a banana peel.

I continue to mention the weather, however, because it's noteworthy. And, obnoxious! It was 26 degrees when we went out!! I didn't wear an ear warmer, but I should have! The wind was whipping and my ears were burning and my legs were cursing me for making them run again today. Drat! Nothing felt right!!

This was right, though:

It's been a long time since I've scored a haul of these!! And, how cool is it that to get them, I have to stop for a few minutes. OH DARN! It makes it even more difficult to pick them up while wearing gloves, too, by the way. So, I called that 'more rest time'!

And, along the 4 miles, we scored another 14 cents. Whee!!
I will forever be fascinated and perplexed by the pennies that
aren't.
What was really right about this whole run was this particular picture that I caught at the very end:

On the fly for both of us, could I have asked for a more fabulous picture?!
I like this one, too:
"This is sooooooo aweeeesoooooommmeee !!!"
I decided along the way that the impressive feat isn't so much the double-digit miles the one day, it's the run that follows! Okay, yes, yes, they both have their merits. I think I just wish it didn't take so long for my inertia issues to flip on mornings such as this! Seriously, I finally felt like I was getting going in mile 3 when it usually takes just that first mile ... better way late than never I suppose!

Tomorrow is Monday, and we start that out with a rest!! I'll check in then!

No comments:

Post a Comment