Saturday, February 15, 2014

Bust a Move

Today’s Numbers: Nancy's Days Run: 30 Nancy's 2013 Mileage: 84.3 Elly's 2013 Mileage: 43 Money Found For Food Bank: $8.93

I just finished doing something I've not done for what seems like forever: I just mapped a run.

Whuuuuuuut ?!

Could it really be that a long run is not only about to happen but that it also is about to happen outside?!?! I can only hope. Most factors are reasonably in place: My leg is mostly fine and only seems to annoy me when I'm sitting (bodes well for a run); my cold keeps venturing throughout my body, but whether I'm moving or at rest, I feel the same; there *seems* to be enough of a pathway to run where I want especially if I get up and out early to beat traffic, and, most important, I'm determined as hell to get.out.side. !!

However, no sooner did I finish my map when I looked outside to see this:
Um, where'd you come from, sleet?!?!
Seriously. This better stop. I'm bustin' outta here tomorrow!!!

There's no real point in watching a forecast because they keep changing faster than I can keep up. So, I'm heading into tomorrow determined to get outside. If need be, I always have the default plan on the 'mill ... ewwww ... (although I cannot complain about this morning's DVRed entertainment while 'millin' because I had a fantastic, what-a-bunch-of-trash episode of Dr. Phil recorded. Whee!).

While the long run and my dreamscape visions are on deck for tomorrow, I have to share a few things from yesterday. Let's start with my annual and only (by specific request from yours truly) gift from Aaron:
Oh, hell yeah ... I think I'm glad a long run is in my near future!
And, this year, something came over me, and I got a pack of cards to give to family (I never do that, not even to Aaron. I just never have ...). Here's the cover of the pack I picked:
Are we surprised?
And, then, I have to share the card Pit Crew #2 made me:
Cutest. Thing. Ever.
She seems to have caught on to my random and new obsession with the holiday hedgehog, and she commemorated it beautifully!! I love this thing!!! (My dad has a similar obsessed-love/hate thing with pink flamingos. I've never completely understood it but have certainly indulged. Thanks to the holiday hedgehog, I think I get it now ...)

With that, it's a wrap for the day, and I'll check in after the morning run!

No comments:

Post a Comment