Wednesday, May 1, 2013

Pacing With the Puppy

It seems we all know what Wednesday means:
"I'm totally ready, mommy!"
"I'm totally ready to be left alone, mommy!"
You decide.
It wasn't quite as warm as originally predicted -- thank goodness! -- but, it was still a warm 60-degree morning. Given such a jump, as promised to myself and to Elly, we totally took on the puppy pace today!

We saw super-cool things along the way:
It may not translate, but we started the morning off seeing the
sunbeams through the clouds ... love when that happens!
A bounty of evidence it's (supposed to
be) Spring!
Ahh ... our first turtle sighting!! It was
very exciting for both of us!
Apparently, even though this little guy was trying to cross a
very busy street, he was not excited at all.
He kept looking back at me as he meandered off, and I know
he had a potty mouth. I could just tell. (Ironic finding a turtle
on a slowed down pace day, huh? It didn't escape me!)
Even my coinoscopic vision spied something fabulous -- that's
one of those pennies you get from a machine! My kids call them
Smushed Pennies. (excellent!) This one even has one of my
all-time favorite animals on it ... a giraffe!
And, there were things we didn't see but heard. Those would be the many, many dogs going nutty from car windows, house windows and yards as we passed. There were many, and they were loud. We didn't see a single one of them, but they kept making Elly do this:
"Huh? Whatwasthat? Where - Are - They?!"
The miles are starting to ramp up again in this training schedule! I'm pretty certain I'm going to be all kinds of worn out by the time the Half Trifecta is behind me! So far, I'm still good with it! So, tomorrow's another day to take care of the running biz. Taking care of that biz might just mean taking an extra day of rest before the weekend long run this week. I can feel the burn, and I think it's trying to tell me something. How 'bout I actually listen? I'd much rather toss a short run for a stronger (more fun) long one, so I'll see how things feel when I get up in the morning. As of right now, all options are on the table. Experience has afforded me comfort in options, so we'll be playing tomorrow's run by ear!

Do what you know is right for yourself today! I'll see you after a decision has been made and executed tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment