Sunday, May 19, 2013

Perfect Timing

Actual conversation that just happened:

Me to PC#2: Hey! Check it out! There's another virtual run we can do!
PC#2: Oh, cool! It's another cupcake run!
Me: I KNOW! Do you wanna do it?
PC#2: Do we get cupcakes (from the fancy cupcake shop like is planned for our big run) after?
Me: Um, no. BUT the Pit Crew boys can make  us some with a Fourth of July theme!
PC#2: Okay! Let's do it!

You have to love the girl's priorities!! And, yes, indeed, another virtual run is registered and on the books!! It's the same sponsor as the Sparkle Cupcake Run we're (re)scheduling for the end of July! You can check out the details here while you check out the artwork for the medal right now!
How crazy cool is that?! This came at the perfect time, too, as I've been talking to PC#2 about her distance goal for the Sparkle run. She's a very natural runner, but she has no experience in what it means to go longer than 3 miles. On the other hand, I know what I know about it, and I have a good idea about how far she could go while being safe and enjoying it. Her original (somewhat tentative) goal was for the Sparkle run to be a 10K. Honestly, I think she can go more and would be proud to do so.

As it turns out, there is p-l-e-n-t-y of time between the time she starts to train and this Firework run to crank out a 10K. From there, there is more time to either build on a mile or two, or maintain the 6! Either way, she gets to make the call! The main point is that she will have experience by the Fourth of July to make the decision for herself, and I think that's the best way to keep this activity fun!!

Evidently, she thinks the best way to keep this activity fun is to have cupcakes after the runs. Out of the mouths of babes, I tell you.

Oh, I should mention that I told both male Crewers that I thought it was a good idea that they make cupcakes for the run, and they were both all for it. Hooray!

In the meantime, I have to share something I bought at a garage sale yesterday! Check it out!
And, he was only $2!!!
He's right there staring at me when I'm in my post-run sittin' spot on the deck! The funny thing is I ran by that garage sale while I was out on my route. I didn't see him at that point, but it was also right before I was rounding out my 10th mile, and I was really just focused on finishing without tripping on something or otherwise letting my legs go in to noodle mode! Anyway, he's so awesome!

That's a lot of goodness on this Rest Day! I sure didn't expect to see another virtual run possibility, but I'm so glad I did!! Bring on the bling!!

Tomorrow is Monday, so you know that means it's again time to kick it! I'll see you after!!

No comments:

Post a Comment