Thursday, May 30, 2013

Plan A Pans Out

Before going to sleep last night, I made Plan A and Plan B with my alarm clock. And, by 'alarm clock,' I mean Aaron. Plan A: Up early to run outside if there's a break in the rain. Plan B: Up later to treadmill. And, while I wasn't excited about the treadmill, I was looking forward to the prospect to sleep a little later.

At 5 a.m., it was pouring. Ahhh ... sleeping later was on the horizon!

And, then. I don't even know what time it was (clearly, our agreed-upon time to wake me up, but I was really out of it) when Aaron came in with the excitable news that I could get up and get my run in outside just the way I like it because there was, indeed, a break in the rain! Aaron was very happy to report this good news!

I should have been more excited. Truthfully, I was just too tired to show it. Or, feel it. But, again, I drew on what I knew instead of how I felt, and I got on out there but not without announcing on my way out the door that I love Thursdays because they're the shortest runs of the week!

The enthusiasm just exudes, doesn't it?

Even Elly was dragging a bit this morning, so we were probably very good for each other! (She has to hate when she's in a morning kind of mood and I'm all ready to go, and I know I hate when she's all puppy peppy and I'm not yet awake!) It was humid out -- very humid -- but there was a random cool breeze cutting through it. So, really, I can't complain. I was also thankful that when I noticed the storm clouds regrouping that I had only a mile left to go which is a very different feeling from noticing such a thing on Saturday when I had 8 to go. There's a very different vibe to those two situations, just sayin'.

In an uneventful but one-penny prosperous run, we finished up! Elly ended her run with a rub down because that girl's belly was wet!
You'd think she'd like getting dried off.
She always acts like it's some big
imposition, though. Diva.
"It's cutting into my nap time. Duh."
That's that for the short runs this week!! Our way, our pace, our standards. That's how we roll!

Tomorrow is a Rest Day, and the long run will happen on the first weekend morning it's not raining! Enjoy the rest of your Thursday, and we'll see you tomorrow!!

No comments:

Post a Comment