Thursday, May 23, 2013

'Ready As I'm Going To Be!

IT'S ALMOST FRIDAY!!!!!!!!!! Almost-Friday is just about as good as Actual Friday, so I'm going with the happy around this one!! (Maybe Thursday should even be renamed Almost-Friday. Hey, if my alma mater could use R to stand for Thursday on our class schedules instead of -- what I consider the more universally understood -- Th, then I can ponder renaming the whole day to something even better. No one else even has to join in unlike at my school where we all had to get on board with R = Thursday.)

What's weird about today is that is wasn't even 60 degrees when we headed out to run!! Not only that, there was a breeze, so it was chilly !! It was weird, but it was nice!! I was very glad for Elly that it was this cool, too, after the way she was a super-trooper through yesterday's temps. I'd love for Saturday morning to feel like it did today, but there's just no telling how that's going to be!

Today's run not only felt good, but it was fantastic in the scores department! Not only did my go-to drive-thru not let me down (5 pennies, 2 of which were super shiny which is way better than when they're covered with fast food gunk), but I also found a rogue dime!!
Hey! It's a few of my favorite things! My pooch, my pretty
shoes and a stray coin!
So. Saturday. I'm as ready as I'm gonna be! I'm totally looking forward to it, too, and that is the best readiness sign of all!! I have not completely ridded myself of all evidence of apprehension, but my attitude toward the undertaking is exactly  where it needs to be. I've mentally run some of the hills I know are coming, and I feel good about them. I've even driven some of them to clock exactly how long they are, and in all cases, I can easily draw from the, "I already did Holy Hill; this is nothing" bank. Well, it's not going to be "nothing," but I will be able to remind myself that I am perfectly capable, so just focus and do it!

In other preparations, I have made the advance commitment to myself that should I come across any money on the route, I will make mental note and contribute to the Food Bank running stash from my own funds and not pick up what I find. That was a winning idea during the recent GO! run, so I will reinstate it for this one!

It's funny the preparations one finds necessary to make ... !

Two more orders of business ... FIRST!! I must give a HUGE SHOUT OUT to two of my cousins who are very near and dear to me and just got gym memberships and used a lot of their time on the treadmills!!! (You KNOW how I feel about treadmilling and the perseverence one MUST have to stay on those things!! I'm always  impressed by that!!) I don't know how far, I don't know how fast, and I do not care, it's just awesome that they got their grooves on!!!

WAHOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!! I love you guys!!!

I see a virtual cupcake event in our futures together!!! (BY THE WAY -- I received the Sparkle Cupcake Run medals in the mail today ... they are OUTSTANDING but must be stashed 'til earned!! You'll see 'em later!)

SECOND!! Huh ... no kidding, I have no idea what my second thing was because I was so stoked about the first one! HA! Oh well, when it comes to me, you'll have it!

In the meantime, I leave you with a funny ...
 ... before sailing into Rest Day tomorrow!! Enjoy the rest of your Almost Friday, and I'll see you tomorrow!!

No comments:

Post a Comment