Monday, May 27, 2013

Celebration!

Oh my gosh, is this not fabulous?!
(source)
NOW I know what was happening yesterday!!! At least, this is way funnier than what was happening yesterday!

In the final wrap up of this weekend's Go Girl adventure, I thought I'd feature the end game because what's a race without a celebration?!

When I originally registered for this run, I promised the family a much desired and almost-always declined Imo's pizza lunch! They. Were. Stoked.!! You might have noticed PC#3's sign from the race, but in case you didn't ...
Check out that exclamation point mouth!
I think I'd better feed someone -- quick!
PC#3 was all about reminding me that the faster I ran, the faster we'd get to lunch ... forgetting that lunch starts at a certain time at the restaurant no matter how fast or slow I go! Nice idea, PC#3! I like the way you think! As it turned out, there was a perfect amount of time from my finish to allow for a lingering, warm shower before heading over.
 
And, at long last (let's remember, they waited 5 months for this plan to come to fruition!), we arrived!
That these two are walking instead of bolting in is something
of a miracle!
So ready for some lunch!!!
After a couple of pieces, I felt my insides start to come alive which is when I realized I was pretty depleted of some carbs! Ahhh ... pineapple pizza ... mmmm ...
I also realized this was the first long run in almost five months
where I knew I was about to eat back the calories I just burned
on the route! And, it was delicious! (I totally used to use how
far I ran to justify how much I ate. Funny how that math does
not ever add up in your favor! Today however? I was chowing!)
PC#2 loves hers with some extra parm!
Do you think PC#3 got his fill?
As full as he was, it didn't keep him from
eyeballing the bacon on Aaron's pizza!
That was a super-fun way to cap off the whole event! It was a treat for everyone! And, now, the running resumes ... this week ... some time ...!

I leave you with this ...
(source)
... and will see you on tomorrow's official Rest Day!

No comments:

Post a Comment