Friday, May 24, 2013

A Little Bit Surreal

I am sitting here in a wee bit of disbelief. Regardless of the fact that I set this goal and worked toward it, I'm having a difficult time digesting having just picked up my stuff for a Half Marathon for tomorrow ... but, I did!! It's almost time to ...
We went to the packet pick up/Expo, and I got in the "has access to the online registration" line. Apparently, only one person knew how to do an upgrade, but, that was just fine. Not only is their process efficient (it was last year, too), but I'd rather deal with the one person in the know rather than three who might or might not know what is going on no matter how well they mean. Am I right?

So, there I was waiting behind one other person who was registering for the first time, and I noticed my heart was pounding. Um ...? On the way over, I told Aaron I had the butterflies going. But, these were some big ol' butterflies! I put Aaron's hand on my neck, and his eyes bugged. I really can't even explain it. Nerves? Not really ... I mean, kind of, but not really. Excitement? Yes, definitely. Spontaneous freak out by my body for no apparent reason? Sounds accurate. We'll throw that in, too.

While Aaron was checking my pulse, which he probably could have done from across the room, the woman doing my upgrade gave me great news! Check it out: I registered back in January for the 5K when both distances were cheaper than they are the day before the event. I assumed I'd pay the difference in price based on today's rate ... NOPE! She looked to see what the cost was on the day I registered and only charged that rate for the Half!! WHAT? WHEN does THAT happen??
I was stoked! The woman helping me was tickled. The dude
wasn't sure what to think. I think: Thank you for being so
fabulous, Ultramax!!!
The upgrade was sneezy-easy, and into the Expo we went! Another great surprise is that the shirts are WHITE!!! While not super-exciting, it's WAY better than black!! YAHOO!!

I picked up this très chic sticker that I will turn into a magnet:
Both young Crewers received free beef jerky sticks (a fav for them at the Expos!), and I bought PC#2 a headband as sparkly as the one I have! (You have to have a sparkly headband if you're going to run the virtual Sparkle runs!! It's right there in the name !!) It's a very small Expo, but always we make the most of it!

My pulse returned to normal by the time I picked up my stuff (at least it wasn't jumping out of my neck), and the only thing left to do is be excited!! ...
Totally excited!! (See? There's my
WHITE shirt!!)
... and, do my nails ...
Alone or in combination ... either way,
perfect!
... and, put together some surprise yummies for the Pit Crew in the morning including ...
GoGurt ... Go Girl ... get it? HA!
There is a sign-making party scheduled for this evening, too, so I'll show you some of the results tomorrow as the Crew follows the route!

Oh, one more thing ... check this out from the Run Find Your Happy Pace Facebook page!
There I am!!
That's the same page/person creating and organizing the virtual runs!! I love this page because it's SO encouraging! Every week, she solicits those who want to be included on the weekend SHOUT OUT sign, so, this week, I had to submit! (Her blog: runfindyourhappypace.com )

Like I said yesterday, I'm as ready as I'm going to be!! It's time to get this show on the road!! I can't wait to show you how it all went!! I'll see you after the event (and after the pizza lunch the Crew is SO LOOKING FORWARD TO!! We don't have those, "Cheer Now, Pizza Later" shirts for nothing!)

Here we go ...!!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment