Thursday, May 16, 2013

Keeping It Simple

I totally lucked out and did not get rained on today!! YAHOO!!! I wanted to get this run in today instead of saving it for tomorrow, so this was a great way to start the day!!

Elly was thankful for the cooperative weather, too. She just loves to run with me, and I love that about her! I'm not so certain running is in our pound hound's nature, and she sure doesn't display ants in her pants when at home curled up on the couch or at my feet, just sayin'. Toss a ball for her to fetch? She looks at you with a very clear, "Yeah. That's not happening." expression. So, I'm thankful every, single morning that I get to take her with me. Even when she's annoying.

There was no annoyance today -- just good company! See?
"We are totally doing this, mommy!!!"
"I'm so fast you can't even catch me in
focus!! Wheeeeeeeee!!"
This morning, there was no money, no drivers arguing with police officers, no rain ... and, you know what? I sometimes like it like that! It's like when a friend has a huge, life crisis story to tell you, and when it's your turn to talk you've got nothin' ... yeah, keeping things as chilled as possible is definitely my preference!

Tomorrow we rest to refuel for the weekend long run! Only one more long one to go until the big one! Ser-i-ous-ly, how did that happen so fast?! See you tomorrow ...

No comments:

Post a Comment