Monday, May 20, 2013

Sorry To Disappoint, Elly ...

So, it's been a crazy 24 hours of weather around here ... sun! ... RAIN ... sunny! ... showers ... You get the picture. I figured today would be a treadmill day, so I mentally prepared for such a thing last night.

Then, check it out. It was raining this morning except for the exact pocket of time  I used to run. Only, I didn't know the rain wouldn't return as suddenly as it was popping up, and I didn't want to take the chance of getting caught out in it. Besides, I had cool stuff to watch on the DVR, so I stayed with my original plan.

This decision was a disappointment to Elly ...
She knew in her bones I was about to hit
the treadmill which is why she half-
heartedly wagged but didn't even attempt
to lift her head ...
"It's hard to lift your head when it's so full of disappointed
sighs waiting to come out ..."
I wore my puppy paw headband as a show of solidarity, but
she didn't care. Nor lift her head.
So, the treadmill and I bonded today -- in fact, we bonded so much that I lost track of my time and went longer than I intended. When do you ever hear me say that? It won't happen again any time soon, never fear.

'Want to see something outstanding? Check out the pic of the finishers medal for the Sparkle Cupcake run!!
Keep up with these virtual run possibilities at
runfindyourhappypace.com !
PC#2 Ooooo'ed and Ahhhhh-ed when I showed her. I suspect some salivating over it will take place when she sees it in person which is precisely why I need to stash them away when they arrive since we won't be earning them until the end of July! WHICH REMINDS ME that Mary Kate and I firmed up our virtual run-together date -- Saturday, July 27!! Nothing like picking a super-hot day, but OH WELL, THERE ARE CUPCAKES AT THE END!!

I'm digging this run-for-cupcakes thing ...

Tomorrow? WE REST!! I'll see you then!

No comments:

Post a Comment