Wednesday, May 15, 2013

Excitement At the End

So, I forgot to put the memory card back in the camera before I headed out to run, but that's probably best because I would have been sooo  tempted to take a picture of the woman arguing with the police officer while she was pulled over. It was right at the end of our run (literally about 200 yards to go), when Elly and I rounded the corner to flashing lights. I don't know what the driver did, but the officer started explaining to her how "that gentleman (in the car passing to which he was pointing) didn't do that, and that  driver seemed to be able to ..."

Sadly, I heard no more. It even crossed my mind to fake a fall right next to them just so I could hear, but I knew the outcome possibilities weren't in my favor: the conversation would stop while they stared at me until I got up; I'd actually hurt myself, or both. No matter what, I wouldn't catch the substance of why lady was getting the what-for, so I kept going. (I drove by her later; she was totally getting a ticket.)

Wooooooooo wheeeeeee, it's suddenly getting warm in the mornings! I finally tried out my fabulous wicking headband from the recent Expo, and I have to say that was 6 or 7 dollars well spent!! This is the first-ever warm weather run where I've not had to wipe sweat from my eyes even once. Whuuuuuut?  Seriously, it worked great! It was almost 70 degrees, and it was a 5-miler, so I definitely put it to a good test. This is going to make summer running much more comfortable!

I don't know who came up with this wicking business, but it's awesome and they're deserving their earnings!!!

Elly did great today, by the way, even though it was right around the four mile mark when she looked at me like, "We're finished. That's not a question, we're just finished." She was fine, though, and happily accompanied me on the rest of the run. We took our victory-for-finishing pic at home:
Just a little post-run girl talk!
Tomorrow's run is up in the air given the forecast. If it rains, I'm moving it to Friday because I choose to refuse to run on the treadmill tomorrow! So, tomorrow is anyone's guess!! Either way, I'll be checking in! (By the way ... 12 more cents today!! Just five more cents to beat last year!! I totally thought I had it, too, until what I thought was a nickel turned out to be a battery. Drat!)

No comments:

Post a Comment