Sunday, August 10, 2014

Kitchen Tweak

Who else is bummed that the weekend is almost over?!?!?!?!? *SIGH* It's just never enough, is it?! It's been a good one over here, though, so I have nothing to complain about!

Elly can't complain, either, because she got to start her morning off with a walk! It's the first she's been on in about a week, so she was really happy (and, quite tired by the end! Aaron noted she seems to have lost her summer fitness, but she kept plugging along and would have kept going had we wanted to!). I think she was glad we didn't want to, though.
Walk. Picture. Nap. A great morning
trifecta if a girl ever had one!

Before sliding into wrapping up the weekend (by finding out who the Next Food Network Star winner is), I wanted to pass along a tweak we made to those fabulous Chinese Chicken Burgers (click for the recipe!) we made last week that made them EVEN BETTER as far as I'm concerned!

The recipe calls for 1 tablespoon of fresh, minced lemon grass which is exactly what was used for the first round. But, when we were at the store yesterday and I suddenly said, "Tell me again what is in those burgers because we're totally having them for dinner tonight," we found ourselves in a store that didn't have the fresh lemon grass option. But, they had this ...
(... which also had attached to it an instant coupon, just sayin'), so, to avoid a separate trip for lemon grass, we bought it.

AND. IT. ROCKED.

I loved this swap SO much more than the fresh because it got everywhere in the burger rather than the burger having spots of its taste. It was nicely subtle in the background, but the flavor wrapped its way around every bite. Mmm ... mmm ... double mmm!

AND, as an extra bonus, this container says it's good for another few weeks where the fresh lemon grass that we didn't immediately use for the last round also almost immediately went bad. Boo!

I'm not one to even see these kinds of products in the store much less zero in on using them, so I wanted to point it out in case you might miss it. Oh, and it's that much better in this recipe, so I had to tell you.

With that, I'm off to wind down Sunday!! I hope your weekend was crammed full of good, and I'll check in after the morning run!

No comments:

Post a Comment