Wednesday, August 13, 2014

Back Together!

Today’s Numbers: Nancy's Days Run: 129 Nancy's 2014 Mileage: 616.5 Elly's 2014 Mileage: 286.1 Money Found For Food Bank: $40.52

Look who was back at it today!!
"Yay me!!"
And, by 'back at it,' I not only mean jogging with me but also investigating every mailbox post, greeting -- from a safe distance -- other canines behind their fences and stopping to mark the neighborhood like the ground was her canvas. In other words, the interval trainer was back, and she was having some fun!!

I admit I wasn't ready for the multitude of stops along this 3-mile stretch, but I totally should have been. I mean, what else did I expect from my particular running partner this morning? She was having such a time being out and about that during one potty stop, she turned and looked at me like, "You wish  you could do this!"

We both contributed to the start-and-stop nature of today's outing because I found some prizes along the way!
Expect the unexpected.
Because I was sticking only to the streets of my neighborhood, I was only sort of hopeful to come across a penny or two. Never did I imagine a dime much less a quarter!! And, a slew of BBs to boot? Sweet pennies from Heaven, this was a great run!!

It was, indeed, a great outing and a strong showing from us both. Elly seemed to have no problems whatsoever during or immediately after the run for which I am truly thankful. I was a bit concerned when her ache seemed to linger. She's not old, but she's not young, either, so we need to be extra careful to set her up as best as possible as she ages! Kind of like what we do for ourselves ...!!
Love. That. Girl.
For the rest of the day? There's lots on the docket from have-tos to get-tos, so I need to get on it all!! Enjoy everything your Wednesday has to bring, and I'll see you after the morning run!

No comments:

Post a Comment