Tuesday, August 5, 2014

I Feel So Much Closer To Her Now

Today’s Numbers: Nancy's Days Run: 125 Nancy's 2014 Mileage: 598.1 Elly's 2014 Mileage: 283 Money Found For Food Bank: $39.61

Pit Crew #2 joined me again this morning, and I felt like she indoctrinated herself into the world of running when she was pretty clear pretty early in our little jaunt that she wished she'd stayed in bed.

It's not that I relished her lack of enthusiasm; it's that she made me feel so normal. I felt so much closer to her in that very moment of shared experience!

Her lack of enthusiasm to run did not squelch her keen eye for detail (strike up another point in the like-mother-like-daughter column) as she pointed this out while in motion:
Of course, I had to stop forward motion to get a picture. That
didn't make anyone complain. Resuming struck a nerve, but
the stop was quite acceptable!
I have banished her from tomorrow's run (the girl needs her sleep!), so I'll be hitting it solo. I am considering taking Elly as it's only a two-miler (yeahhhhh training schedule miles can rule!!!!!), but I've yet to decide. I'm certain that decision will be made last minute. Right now, the only thing that really sounds good is sleep. I'm still battling that sinus thing, and this morning's manifestation was significant cloggage coupled with a pounding headache that has lasted all. day. long. Neato!

But, while really rather annoying and a wee bit painful, it's not enough to stop doing anything. Like running and looking for money. Speaking of, in today's find ...
It's just one, but it brought with it a whole
lotta character!!
It's one more run before the weekend which means there are a couple of well-timed Rest Days coming! I'll see you after the morning run so we can just get those going!!

No comments:

Post a Comment