Saturday, August 16, 2014

Mad About the Wind

Today’s Numbers: Nancy's Days Run: 131 Nancy's 2014 Mileage: 625.7 Elly's 2014 Mileage: 288.3 Money Found For Food Bank: $40.66

Does anyone remember that episode of Mad About You when Paul, who was a film director, thought he had been charged (by Yoko Ono) to film the wind? He spent the entire episode bemoaning his inability to capture the wind only to later find out it was merely a suggestion, not a directive. Worst episode ever of a show I loved, but, I digress.

I captured for you my own wind today:
That's right. Running girl was on the treadmill today after hearing thunder as soon as the alarm to get up went off. To be honest, I wasn't that upset about it because I was in no mood to tackle the disgustingly thick atmosphere that was going on. Today, TV trumped humidity.

So, I watched some back-logged shows on the DVR, knocked out my 7 miles and went on with my day, part of which included acquiring this for my dad:
In case my fingers totally messed with it,
it does, indeed, read, "Happy FALL,
Y'all". Because what else would you
expect a hedgehog to say?
I'd offered up my scoping-the-stores services for a fun decoration for his door, and, after offering up 5 options, this one got everyone's vote! I didn't even sway it because if he hadn't chosen it, I would have bought it for myself! I get to see it either way, so, everyone wins!!

With that, it's off to enjoy the chicken burgers Pit Crew #2 is making and cozy up to the rest of Saturday! Tomorrow's another running day, so I'll see you then!

No comments:

Post a Comment