Thursday, August 21, 2014

Brain Status: Out Of Whack!

Happy almost-Friday to you!! Holy moly this has been a busy one! It's only 4 p.m., and I'm exhausted! Some days are like that, amiright ?! I'm so tired that I started to put dinner together thinking I was making one thing, but I made sure I had the ingredients for another. Fortunately, the 'another' in this situation is a dish everyone enjoys which tends to be the biggest kitchen challenge for this not-so-interested-in-cooking gal.

I'm making that super-delish Creamy Chicken Enchilada recipe (right here!), but I layered everything in the crock pot instead of heating up the oven ...
It looks like artichoke dip. I wish it was artichoke dip. Mmm ...
I'm on a mission to start figuring out how many things I can make in the crock pot. Crock pot cooking rules, you know. If you could just throw everything into it without any pre-cooking or prepping, it would be even better. But, at least using it takes away the heat the oven puts out ... which we do not need on this 100+ heat index day!

Speaking of the crazy heat, it is adding to my current state of tired which makes thinking about tomorrow's long run not so exciting. It'll definitely be a day where my main goal is to just cover the distance safely! (Did I really just say "just"?! I think 8 miles deserves more than a just ... JUST sayin'. heeheehee)

Be careful out there whatever you're doing ... and, don't overdo on dog days like these!! I'll check in after the morning run!

No comments:

Post a Comment