Thursday, August 14, 2014

Body Trumps Brain

Today’s Numbers: Nancy's Days Run: 130 Nancy's 2014 Mileage: 618.7 Elly's 2014 Mileage: 288.3 Money Found For Food Bank: $40.66

Now that I've been running long enough for it to be routine, I'm learning a lot about two-mile runs. Last week's lesson was that just because I can run double digit miles does not make two miles a gimmee run. This morning's lesson was my own realization of just how easily my brain can go to the place of justifying why a two-mile run can be blown off as though it doesn't matter in the grand scheme of things. That's another way of saying that I had a difficult time convincing myself that getting out of bed to go for a quick run was beneficial in any way.

But, like so many other things in life, my brain can go where it wants as long as my body doesn't follow its ill-advised ways!

And, I got up.

I'm so glad I did, too! Look!
2.2 miles. Same streets as yesterday. I can't explain it.
It would have been foolish to not go out today not just because it's scheduled and I should but because the weather was simply beautiful! Elly and I had a great time just being outside! And, for as many times as I had to stop to pick up each of those items individually, well, can I really complain about a strenuous run?! I have a story to tell about the squats fest that took place over those miles, though ... !

And, just in case I got tired ...
If you need a red couch, I know where one is.
Today's was a good keep-it-loose outing to get ready for Saturday's long run, so, it definitely had its purpose! Also in preparation for Saturday is tomorrow's Rest Day! I'll see you from there!

No comments:

Post a Comment