Tuesday, August 26, 2014

Mind-Body Cooperation

Today’s Numbers: Nancy's Days Run: 136 Nancy's 2014 Mileage: 651.4 Elly's 2014 Mileage: 292 Money Found For Food Bank: $43.75

Okay, so exactly 20 minutes before heading out the door to run is precisely the moment I realized I mapped a lovely 3-mile route for a scheduled 4-mile run. (Way to pay attention to the calendar!) I had also not yet gotten out of bed, gotten dressed, brushed my teeth ... you get the picture. But, in truth, that's my morning. It's not even a rushed morning. It's an efficient one. Unless I have to do something extra like reroute a map!

It all worked out just fine, though. In fact, it worked out so well that I even had my run going on this morning. I didn't do my normal trot through the route; I blew through it even through continued morning heat/humidity and with my stops for pennies (and a dime!) along the way! My mind had the incentive of a morning agenda I wanted to hit, and my legs ended up cooperating. The body and the mind usually have more of a 'let's just compromise' way of getting along, so I take this full-on cooperation when it comes!

It's a good thing there's no vested interest in cooperation from my hair during this running thing, or there would be problems ...
Side note: I cannot look at my pictures before-during-after running and not think of the panic I had about my hair in junior high and high school gym classes. Wasn't it the worst having gym in the middle of the day and totally messing up your hair for the rest of the day? Oh, if 15-year-old me could have foreseen what was to come!

Tomorrow's a 3-miler (for sure; I've already checked, and, hey!, I've already mapped it thanks to yesterday), and it's supposed to be less humid! It'll happen either way, so I'll check in after the morning run!

No comments:

Post a Comment