Monday, August 11, 2014

As the Kids Would Say: LOL

Today’s Numbers: Nancy's Days Run: 128 Nancy's 2014 Mileage: 613.4 Elly's 2014 Mileage: 283 Money Found For Food Bank: $40.16

Happy start to your week!! Mine has been busy busy but full of both things I need to do smattered with a few things I want to do (although I did not want to lose -- pitifully -- at our driveway game of HORSE ... and, by HORSE, I mean BACON ... but, I digress ...)! Before any of that happened, though, I started my day out with a run!

I determined today's route after passing a sign yesterday afternoon. This sign:
I laughed out loud when I saw that! I hoped it would still be there when I got to it this morning!

The other cool thing about that sign is that it sat at the stop of a very steady, half-mile incline, one that I hardly ever enjoy running. I seem to be okay with running it in the Fall when the weather is perfect, but that's the only time. Any other fluctuation in the weather zaps my enthusiasm for taking it on! Having this sign as my target gave me just the nudge I needed! And, might I add, I felt mighty successful once I got to the top! Besides, I also had to come back down ... yeah!!! I don't tend to add distance to the training miles schedule, but adding almost a full mile to get this morning giggle was well worth it!

Just noting: I'm not making fun of hoarders. I don't think hoarding is funny. This sign, though? I thought it was VERY funny.

Every run requires its own inspiration. Some mornings when I'm being a mature grown up, I see the long-term benefits both to my goals and to my health. On the other 360 days of the year, I find other ways to motivate myself. Money-scoping, taking pictures, adding to my miles or days-run tallies, filing down Elly's toenails, justifying a meal I completely blew nutritionally, wanting a great excuse to wear fun hair accoutrement ... I find motivation in all sorts of places!

Do what you need to start your week exactly the way you want, and I'll check in on tomorrow's Rest Day!

No comments:

Post a Comment