Saturday, August 9, 2014

Close Enough Doesn't Count

Today’s Numbers: Nancy's Days Run: 127 Nancy's 2014 Mileage: 609.7 Elly's 2014 Mileage: 283 Money Found For Food Bank: $40.14

Did I really find enough money today to send me over the 40 dollar mark?!?! YES I DID!! That calls for a WAHOOOOOOOO!!
AND 3 BB's? BANNER DAY!
It was more-than-usual luck finding so much today as the first 27 cents was in a drive-thru, and I actually ran right over all of it without zeroing in. I just so happened to catch a glimpse of the nickel which is when my brain registered there might be money, so I turned back around to see change all over the place. My affliction was that my contacts decided to rotate right before that moment (astigmatism is a blast), so I really couldn't see much of anything for a minute. Fortunately, nickels are big and bold.

Fuzzy eyesight plus fog and drizzle made for an interesting outing in the first three miles!
Funky weather does not keep the runners off the streets nor
the patrons from the Farmer's Market.
I was fully prepared for the possibility of rain, though, so none of it bothered me. I was determined to be outside (unless there was thunder and/or lightening), so I just didn't care about the less-than-desirable weather!
My vision did eventually straighten out, and the run was way better than I anticipated it would be since I've not run this distance in quite some time. I've been close (closer than I even realized*), but every mile added on presents its own challenge, so I really just wanted to cover them and have some fun doing so.

* Check this out: Last night, I was poking around on mapmyrun.com, and I decided to remap the main 5-mile course I've been using this summer. It turns out it was 5.4 miles, and I've short-changed my mileage count to the tune of 3.6 miles! Yeah, that's been adjusted!

Even funnier: I told Pit Crew #2, who accompanied me on a number of those outings, that it was actually a longer route than I knew. The following conversation ensued:

PC#2: So, we've been running almost 6 miles?!
Me: Um, no, we've been running almost 5 and a half.
PC#2: 5.4 is almost 6.
Me: 5.4 is almost 5.5.
PC#2: Close enough to 6 for me.

I love that girl.

I had my own brand of fun today for sure which including taking a picture of something I never thought I'd take:
It's a ghost. What'd you think it was? You thought it was
what ?!?! Ewwww ... that's just nasty. Who would
photograph that?!
With this distance in the books, I feel like training is truly underway for October! The weekend is also well underway, so I'm off to participate in more of it! Enjoy the rest of your Saturday, and I'll see you on tomorrow's Rest Day!!

No comments:

Post a Comment