Monday, August 4, 2014

Got It Straight Today!

Today’s Numbers: Nancy's Days Run: 124 Nancy's 2014 Mileage: 595.1 Elly's 2014 Mileage: 283 Money Found For Food Bank: $39.60

Okay. I got it straight today, and the morning began with a run! I had a great surprise last night with Pit Crew #2 telling me she'd been planning to run with me this morning, so it was all like starting the day off right with a little sugar on top!

It was raining a little when I looked outside, but I really didn't care. I was determined to go out (although, I would have happily wussed out of outside time had the skies opened up!). It looked like this ...
... but, its bark turned out to be worse than its bite. We barely felt a drop while out there!

I was glad to have PC#2 along not just for the company, but also because she is the one who found the day's treasures of a yellow BB and a penny. Our route wasn't target rich for finding anything at all, so those finds were most excellent! We were a great duo while I struggled to breath around the lingering sinus gunk and she complained quite considerably about how her body wasn't really ready for a run this morning! There was even a moment that went like this ... So, I stopped to take a picture of this little tree ...
... and, I immediately resumed running when I finished. Unbeknownst to me, PC#2 was sort of lingering back near the tree. The next thing I hear from behind me is, "Wait. What's happening? Are we really running here?" Ummmm ... !

That's when I really knew she let her heart rule her head last night about this decision to join me. Her body will get over it, and my heart skips a beat. Everybody wins!

I totally won. See?
This running gig is cool.

Now, if I'm remembering what's on the calendar, another run is slated for tomorrow! Have a great rest-of-your Monday, and I'll check in after the morning run! Half Marathon ... here ... we ... come!!

No comments:

Post a Comment