Tuesday, October 1, 2013

Just Laugh

I couldn't say this better myself:
I LOVE October not the least of reasons being that it's the start of what I like to call the celebrating season!! Let's see: Halloween; Thanksgiving; My Birthday; Christmas, and New Year's. Yup, all good!!

Also good was the way I started my day. My friend Mary Kate sent me a picture of one of the hills in her area with the statement, "Yes, that is a parking garage." HA! Indeed, it was a picture of people running up a ramp in a parking garage because that's what's available. (She was running, too; she took the pic.) While it did make me giggle, it also was a great demonstration of using what you have. So, onward and upward regardless of the incline!!

Seeing as she and I like to run "together" (from a distance, you can still do this together!), I sent her my morning big hill:
Some things to note about this morning's run:

1. I still feel like a rock star every time I go up the above pictured hill. It used to intimidate the tar out of me. No more!

2. Checking a drive-thru for pennies when there's a dude in a cherry picker changing the lights in a lamp post right next to your target spot probably isn't the greatest idea in the world even when you end up finding pennies. It's an idea that looked  like a good one until being in  the moment. Everyone's fine. Nothing happened. Just thinking about things accidently falling. No one plans for accidents, you know.

3. It's easy to feel totally awesome about your run, seeing as you did it much faster and are way less tired than you expected, when you later find out you incorrectly remembered your route and cut the distance by a mile.

I'll be double-checking my route for tomorrow (and, the next one ... and, the next one ...) before heading out, and I'll check in when I'm finished! Don't forget to take a minute to laugh at yourself today, and I'll see you after the morning run!

No comments:

Post a Comment