Saturday, October 26, 2013

Sounds Greek To Me

Oh my gosh, this is sooooooo true:
Okay, I did know what carbo load meant ... it means
'deliciousness,' am I right ?!
When I first started running, I managed to intimidate myself paying attention to the running lingo. Everyone seemed to speak in code and in such a way that I thought I needed to care about these terms if I was going to succeed at running. Seriously, these terms sounded very important.

And, then, I found my own groove. And, I found my own purpose for running. And, I grew to love it for what it means to me.

Today, late morning, it meant expressing my own lingo. I find it easier to translate than some of the other terms out there, but I'll give you the whole conversation anyway:

Me: My butt strings hurt today.
Aaron: Yourrrrr ...?
Me: My butt strings.
Aaron: (silent ... silently communicating he, again, has no idea what I'm rambling about)
Me: Not my hamstrings. Not really my glutes. My in betweens.
Aaron: Ah. (Which is quite possibly code for "No sympathy here when you refuse to stretch.")

Don't get caught up in the minutia of an activity ... just go forth, learn what you actually need, then make it meaningful to you!

We'll see who's hurting when and how after he joins me for tomorrow morning's run! We'll check in after! See you then!

No comments:

Post a Comment