Wednesday, October 9, 2013

Self-Induced Kudos

Today’s Numbers: Nancy's Days Run: 153 Nancy's 2013 Mileage: 705.7 Elly's 2013 Mileage: 342.3 Money Found For Food Bank: $15.08 in change; $25 in bills

2012 Found-Money Food Bank Donation: $7.83

I have a very long day ahead of me, but I'm quite proud to say I've already accomplished two things. First, Elly and I went out for our run. WAHOO!!! Yes, it was the short one of the week, and yes, that's pretty much 'just what I do.' But, that doesn't mean it's always easy or what I even wanted to do. So, kudos to me are in order.
Second, the site hiccups of last week that didn't allow me to update my running numbers and my race calendar seem resolved. At least the calendar issues are resolved. I decided to keep my numbers on running days so I can see where I was and when. ANYWAY, I've moved some things around so as to earn not one but two (whee!!) virtual medals. Mary Kate is still joining me on November 2 where she is running for her Pink Awareness medal, benefitting the Komen Foundation, while I am running for the Team In Training Spooky Cupcake virtual! I'm already stoked for us to do this together-from-a-distance thing again! Then, Pit Crew #2 and I will finally earn our Pink Awareness medals mid-November! Between actually figuring out my calendar and getting it updated, that is an accomplishment!!

By the way ... big, fat shout out to the Cupcake Virtual Runs for Charity people who earned $900 to donate to the Komen Foundation from this fundraiser!! How amazing is that?! There's a link to the fundraising runs here: http://runninginsanity.com/ Be sure to check them out!! Fun, charity and sparkle all rolled into one!!

Speaking of charitable money, I was this close to writing today's run off as not profitable when Elly and I came upon a dime. Can I tell you how much I'm enjoying the plethora of dimes I keep finding?! That's a big dent in a small package!

That was the most exciting part of the run. Wait. That's a lie. The most exciting part was cruising along on a day when I kind of felt like using the time to do something else and having the following saying go through my mind:
 
One day, this will feel like your warm up.

I read that somewhere and have no idea where. But, I do remember struggling with three miles. Now, it's cruise control. Hard work pays off. That's pretty cool.

Hard work also deserves some hugs and kisses upon completion:
With that, we're off! A Rest Day check in is in order, so we'll see you then!

No comments:

Post a Comment