Wednesday, October 30, 2013

Fast-Paced Finds

Today's numbers: Nancy's Days Run: 165 Nancy's 2013 Mileage 773 Elly's 2013 Mileage 366.4 Money Found For Food Bank: $19.05 in change, $25 in bills

2012 Found-Money Food Bank Donation: $7.83

Don't you hate when you have a bad dream, and that nagging bad-dream feeling just sticks with you throughout your morning? Yeahhh ... welcome to my Wednesday. Nagging, icky feeling or not, though, I had a commitment to myself to keep:
And. sometimes. the I Love To Run Facebook page puts my
thoughts into words ...
Today's was the last short run before Saturday's virtual event! I fully admit I took this run super easy. Because that's what worked for me today. And, that's reason enough! Elly and I plodded along and just soaked in the surroundings feeling uber-blessed with missing the forecasted rain two days in a row. When does that ever happen?! Clearly, the running gods are smiling on me right now.

It was cool to just meander so we could really see the sites! You know I love the changing trees ...
... and, the sunrises ...
Of course, I was also on the hunt for money because, given the current money-finding pace, I'm very hopeful to hit $20 in change before donatation day! And, as of today, I'm only 95 cents away from doing so!! So, intentional routing is key to this success!

Before I even arrived at my go-to drive-thru, I'd already found 15 cents. The go-to had nothing at it ... unless you are persistent and dig in the cracks:
Too gross? Eh, that's what the puddles from the earlier rain were for ... make-shift hand wash! (What, it wasn't like I was washing before a meal.) All together today, that's 28 more cents for the Food Bank. Translation: Today's money alone is between 3-4 pounds of food for someone who doesn't have it. That's worth some grime on the washable hands!!

I might have been somewhat out of sorts through the run, but that didn't keep me from remembering all of the ways I am fortunate from the ability to run in the first place (never mind that last hill today; no need to speak of it) to having food on our table. And, for everything in between.

It's amazing what some concentrated time on my feet has driven home.

In the meantime, I think my little friends had a good excursion as well. I'll share with you how very fabulous their time together was tomorrow. Until then, though, here's a teaser:
I'll see you on tomorrow's Rest Day for the reveal!

No comments:

Post a Comment