Tuesday, October 8, 2013

Care a Little Less, Would'ya?

Today’s Numbers: Nancy's Days Run: 152 Nancy's 2013 Mileage: 702.7 Elly's 2013 Mileage: 337.3 Money Found For Food Bank: $14.98 in change; $25 in bills

2012 Found-Money Food Bank Donation: $7.83
 
Author's note: How Sunday's entry was moved to today, I'll never know. So, now, Tuesday happened twice with two different runs. It's amazing.

On to today ...

So, did you hear there is a school in New York banning soccer balls, footballs, basketballs ... all of those things that have caused injury to kids not wearing protective gear. You heard? Did you just about fall over the way I did?

Totally understandable, though, right? I mean, I was knocked off a swing during 6th grade recess and sent home with a concussion, and all playground swings were swept away immediately. Wait ... no they weren't. OH, but I was knocked in the head with another dude's head playing intramural soccer in college, sustained another -- and, worse -- concussion, and not only were intramurals immediately banned and the soccer balls deflated, but that dude totally lost his head. Wait ... that didn't happen, either.

Evidently, back in the day, no one cared the way they do now.

With all of today's caring going on, you might want to be on the lookout for upcoming changes. For instance, I have tripped on the sidewalk while running, and it hurt. In fact, I bled. I also slipped off of a curb. I bled then, too. Be on the lookout for either sidewalks and curbs and/or running to soon be banned. Or, possibly, the banning of all pedestrian options. We will be required to levitate, so you might want to brush up on the art of doing so. Oh, and Elly tripped me five years ago, and that hurt, but don't tell anyone. I'm not going to be responsible for dogs being banned.

Ser-i-ous-ly.

Fortunately, everyone, human and beast, were in tact today without the world's safety patrol on our heels. Elly did get spooked by a handful of big trucks passing by (If I go down for her sideways startle jump, I'm totally calling for big trucks to be banned. Some fool will listen!), but our outing was physically uneventful. I spent my four miles very delighted by her new fashion ...
"I do look fantastic, mommy, but your words about banning
dogs scare me a little. I can't look at you right now."
... and stoked for finding a total of 25 cents bringing me to only 68 cents away from doubling last year's coin donation!
"Good job, mommy. Still not looking
by the way."
I also am pleased to note the Nancy odometer officially rolled past 700 miles. That. Totally. Rocks.

It's a short run tomorrow! That's probably the best way I can think of to start my day! I'll check in after ...

No comments:

Post a Comment