Saturday, October 19, 2013

Sweet Child Of Mine

Yesterday's route was almost exactly the same as last week's with the exception of just enough tweaking to round it up another mile. Frankly, it was a fabulous outing. In addition to the gorgeous scenery and the found coins, I'd like to thank Pit Crew #3 for the following morning discussion that burned a song in my head that I could not get out for almost the entire duration of the run:

PC#3: So, who are you rooting for in the American League?
Me: The Red Sox. Totally.
PC#3: Huh. Why?
Me: Because their seventh inning stretch song is "Sweet Caroline," duh.
PC#3: Ohhh yeahh ...

At this point, PC#3 started belting out the song with absolutely the wrong words. I didn't correct him and just added the appropriate fan-participation "Da da da daaaaaa"s and "So good! So good!"s when needed. It was an excellent time!

After our performance, conversation continued:

PC#3: Hey, I didn't know I really knew that song.
Me: You really don't.
PC#3: I mean, I didn't know I knew a lot of those words.
Me: You really don't.
PC#3: Oh. Huh. Well, I used to think it was called "Sweet Girl of Mine" anyway, so it makes sense I don't know the words, either.

And, that's why Sweet Caroline was on my mental loop yesterday for almost 12 miles.

No comments:

Post a Comment