Tuesday, October 15, 2013

Not the Normal View

Today’s Numbers: Nancy's Days Run: 156 Nancy's 2013 Mileage: 725.7 Elly's 2013 Mileage: 346.3 Money Found For Food Bank: $15.30 in change; $25 in bills

2012 Found-Money Food Bank Donation: $7.83

Had I not heard and believed the forecast for this morning, I'd probably spend my writing time today bemoaning the fact that I had to treadmill it. But, I heard, and I believed, so I was totally ready. In fact, I was looking forward to the time to catch up on some DVRed shows. Mama does like her talk shows ...

While I was perfectly good with the plan, someone else was wildly disappointed. Check her out in her last ditch effort to pursuade me to take her running:
"Please."
Check out how straight up she's sitting which is completely contrary to the fool she acts when getting her leash on. She's also perfectly still. Her look reminded me of when the kiddos were little and learned saying "please" usually resulted in something positive, so they'd later try out a "please" when asking for something they knew wasn't going to happen. All kids give that a whirl, so why not the dog?

While she was a sad sack after hearing, "Not today, Elly," (always a downer moment for her), it was nice to see one of the critters who never, ever acts disappointed no matter what I do:
"What's 'disappointed', mommy? Sounds terrible. Besides, it's
a banner morning for me because I got a milk ring!! YEAH!!"
You'd think I'd have nothing to show you seeing as I was hamster-in-a-wheeling it today, but I do! First of all, Marie Osmond was co-hosting on The Talk (yesterday? I don't even know ... DVRing doesn't require me to keep track of such things), and they brought out a cake for her birthday. Ta and Da, do you not want to just dive face first  into this thing?!
Kinda mean to see when you're on a treadmill ... hahaha
And, right after that segment was a commercial for Cinnamon Toast Crunch cereal. I hardly see commercials anymore, but I caught a glimpse of this one while skipping them, and I had to back up and see what was going on. Check it out:
I had no idea what was going to happen, but I thought they
were mighty cute.
Love the look on the one on the left! It's kind of how I feel
when I get off of the treadmill.
Oh, now, hold on a second!! It turns out the cereal people are
cannibalistic. YUCK! I know we're supposed to be inspired
by their tastiness, but this just kind of creeped me out! That
guy on the right was a goner immediately following this pic!
These are things one doesn't tend to see on a run. So, I had to share. You're welcome.

Hey, that cupcake Half is coming up quick ... the 12-mile long run is already this week!! *Gulp* I'm going to need a good route ... hopefully one that takes me past a bunch of awesome trees because they're starting to look Fall beautiful! Before that, though, three are on the calendar for tomorrow, so I'll check in after! Beware of your aggressive cereal in the meantime ...

No comments:

Post a Comment