Sunday, October 13, 2013

Lost In Thought

Today’s Numbers: Nancy's Days Run: 155 Nancy's 2013 Mileage: 720.7 Elly's 2013 Mileage: 346.3 Money Found For Food Bank: $15.30 in change; $25 in bills

2012 Found-Money Food Bank Donation: $7.83

Someone was totally ready to get out there and rock this morning! Can you guess who?!
No one else in the house was ready and/or willing. Here's a representative:
Can I just share that I love coming out of and in to my front door because I put this by it?:
Can I also mention that if I didn't run, I wouldn't use my front door for myself as often as I do? True story.

After smiling at my little slice of Fall heaven, I went on my way. I was heartily reminded of that, "Don't Judge a Book By Its Cover" saying today when I felt my four-mile run finally started when I finished Mile 1. Only, I changed the saying to, "Don't Judge a Run By Its First Mile." I'm saying that my first mile was somewhat creaky and pulled a wee bit here and there (um ... stretching might have helped ...) and I'm not sure even I was completely ready to get out there. But, by the time that first mile was behind me, I felt totally in it.

The exact opposite can be true, too, though. Sometimes, you take off too fast because you're all pumped to get out there only to burn up and burn out by the time you're into Mile 2. Yet again, Mile 1 deceives. Uncool. Anyway, that first mile can suck. Take a breath, and keep going. Your body and mind will catch up with each other!

Once I got over the Mile 1 hump, every part of me settled in, and I could just enjoy the outing. Elly wasn't terribly contrary today which was a huge, added bonus. I love her, but her start-stop-start-stop interval training can get on my nerves! Anyway, in addition to finding a penny per mile plus a bonus BB (yeah !!), I spent a lot of time just appreciating the morning and the plans for the day. The afternoon plan was to spend it (finally) celebrating Aaron's and my dad's birthdays! I was so very thankful not only to have both of them in my life but to also get to celebrate them together. We haven't always lived in the same place, so every in-person celebration with my dad is one for which I am hugely grateful.

And, that's how I spent my morning run.

I'll see you tomorrow on Rest Day.

No comments:

Post a Comment