Thursday, October 24, 2013

Move It Move It

I received the greatest email from my cousin today ... she's the one I shouted out about a little while back because she started up a couch-to-5K program! (Whee!!) However, unfortunately, a handful of factors smacked her in the face not only disrupting her program but also putting a halt to it for a while. (Drat!) BUT! Here's the awesome thing: Today's message included telling me that her morning routine now includes a 3-mile walk!! (The walk includes her dog, and you know  I'm all about that! Elly's so very proud, too ...)

My point?! (It should sound familiar): She kept going!!!

In my opinion, it's not about the particular activity, it's about the fact that activity happens. Any activity!! The best activity is the one you like the most and then what you do to make the most of it.

I run. My cousin is walking. My friend bikes. Another friend swims. Another one dances with the Wii. Another treadmills (um, he has a sickness ... hahahahaha !). Different activities, same result:
We like to move it move it!! (image source)
I was so happy to hear her update because she reports feeling good when she's finished and always so happy she went. Double. Win. She also noted she goes no matter how long it takes which I, personally, find as the key to exercise freedom:
Heck yeah it is ...
Here's to YOU, my dear cousin!!! I'm so happy you are finding your happy pace your way!!!!

In the meantime, my virtual run with virtual running partner extraordinaire  Mary Kate is fast approaching, so we conspired on distances and start times this morning!! I'll lay the plans out there when we finalize the last of the details! Just talking about it this morning totally energized me for next weekend!

And, in one last virtual running house keeping note, check out what I received in the mail just now!
To be earned by a runner near you soon!
With that, I'm off to route my morning run. You'd think I'd know the route since I just ran it three weeks ago. But, I don't. I know where it starts, and I know where it ends. Oh, and I know I get myself a Diet Coke at the end of it. But, none of that helps with the miles in the middle, so it's time to take care of some biz, and I'll see you after the last long run before next weekend's Half challenge!

No comments:

Post a Comment