Sunday, October 20, 2013

It Totally Counts If It Looks Like Running

Today's numbers: Nancy's Days Run: 159 Nancy's 2013 Mileage 744.9 Elly's 2013 Mileage 353.3 Money Found For Food Bank: $16.04 in change, $25 in bills

2012 Found-Money Food Bank Donation: $7.83

Last night, Aaron agreed to join me and Elly on our morning run today. This morning, we weren't 100 yards from the house before he said something or other that required me to hip-check him. Actually, I think it was a full-body side slam. Spoiler alert: He was totally fine as I bounced right off of him, but I quickly questioned the wisdom of the invite!

THEN, just around the corner from the initial incident, I found four pennies! Wa-Hoo!! Money right out of the gate! Aaron noted I'd already found my penny-per-mile fake quota, to which I responded, "Then, let's go home!" He did not comply. What kind of running pal is this?

Then, check this out ... at one point, this was my view:
Quiz time!!
Q: Why is Aaron much farther ahead of me on a hill no less?
A: Because he made me laugh so hard that I doubled over to catch my breath!

Between the laughing and the fact that he found 11 cents to add to my 4, perhaps there was wisdom in telling him he had to go with me asking him to join me. It's always good to trust your original instincts.

In other notables, someone hit a major milestone of her own!! Today's super shout out goes to ... ELLY!!
"Aw, shucks!! ... What's a shout out?"
Elly crossed over the 350 mile mark for the year this morning!! WAHOOOOO!!! I took this right after she hit 350 on the nose! I bet she didn't know what she was in for when we adopted her. To be fair, neither did we, and it seems both sides won!!

Just a side note: Speaking of winning ... perhaps you noticed the 7th-inning-stretch "Sweet Caroline" Boston Red Sox won last night so as to head into the World Series! Good for them, but my cheering for them is over. GO CARDS!
Last year before the Rock'n'Roll Half, we checked out the
scene from outside Busch Stadium during one of the NL
playoff games. Just being near  the stadium was awesome
even amidst the education the kiddos received about just
how colorful  language can be!
Today's run didn't seem much like running. It was more like talking and laughing and, oh yeah, we're moving quickly while one of us speed walks and the other pulls off a movement appearing to be a running kind of fashion, so that counts. Right? Yes, yes it does! Tomorrow, though, we rest! Enjoy whatever you're doing to round out your weekend! I hope it's something that makes you double over with a good laugh!! 'See you tomorrow ...

No comments:

Post a Comment