Tuesday, October 8, 2013

Two's Company; Three's Awesome!

Today’s Numbers: Nancy's Days Run: 151 Nancy's 2013 Mileage: 698.7 Elly's 2013 Mileage: 333.3 Money Found For Food Bank: $14.73 in change; $25 in bills

2012 Found-Money Food Bank Donation: $7.83

Oh, yes ... October is here!!
I passed this on the run today ... I love Frankenstein. I can never
decide my favorite between him and Dracula. They both rule!
My happy surprise for the morning actually came out of an exchange between me and Aaron last night:

Aaron: So, how long is your run tomorrow?
Me: I already told you  and I don't care right now because I can't find the stupid lens that popped out of my glasses!!!!!!

Oh, wait ... while a totally true moment, that was not the one I meant. Try this one that happened after the lens was found and put back in the ol' specs:

Aaron: So, how long are you running tomorrow?
Me: Four. Why?
Aaron: I was thinking about joining you.

Wait ... what?! YAY!!

You might remember, Aaron had a whopper of a knee surgery a couple of years ago, so running is no longer in his repertoire. But, walking really fast totally is, so I love when he will join me!

I think he was somewhat sorry by morning, though, and not because of the distance. It was because of this:
Awe.Some. for running!! Or, for just being!! I LOVE IT!!
After a dig through the winter box stuff, he was ready!
My big, strong man is now all bundled up
and ready to rock!
One of the cool things about having someone along for the run is that I get to fully participate in the slug bug game! Whee!!
I see these all the time when I'm by myself. Or just with Elly.
I don't play the game with her.
Aaron brought this violence into the
family, so it's only right that I'm the one
who saw it. Just sayin'.
There's someone else who's willing to carry to ol' poo bag, too ...
There's also someone to make a little fun of me, too, though, as we had the following exchange after seeing this:
Me: Hey! Wait ... (something seemed quite wrong)
Aaron: Hmm. Looks glued down.
Me: (after giving it a quick whirl to see if it was movable) Ew. It's stuck.
Aaron: (also trying to move it) Yeah, it's definitely glued.
Me: And, the real question is with what ... gross ... I don't think I want it.
Aaron: Someone probably did this knowing you were coming.
Me: I haven't run here in a long time.
Aaron: Then they've been waiting a long time. I hope they see you.

At that point, I raised my arms in the universal you got me and you're welcome  pose before we went on our way. Fortunately, I found a penny earlier in the run, so this wasn't as big of a disappointment as if it had been the only one. That would have just been mean.

We went on to talk about how I'm still on 'Do a marathon when I'm 50' thing, then I told him I think it's Disney that sponsors a whole weekend where you can run a 5K or a 10K (I can't remember which) on a Friday, a Half the next day, and a Full on that Sunday! Frankly, it sounds totally doable if you (and, by "you," I mean "I") completely bag any and all thoughts of time and just do it. Aaron thought it sounded horrible, but I reminded him of all of the things he could do while waiting for me on that Sunday. He'd have quite a long time to explore while I was on my adventure.

That conversation took place on a part of a road where I used to not be able to run and talk at the same time because I was way too out of breath, and I seemed to need every ounce of energy available to ascend what seemed like a mountain. Today, I barely noticed it. That's proof to me that the 3 runs in 3 days thing is totally possible! This is not off the table!!

In the meantime, we wrapped up our outing in excellent form. You know. Upright. And, happy:
Okay, Aaron and I were happy ... not sure what was up with
the hound ...
That's another four in the books and an awesome way to start my day! I love seeing the running numbers going up!! But, the increases will take a day off tomorrow as it's a scheduled Rest Day! I'll check in from there!

No comments:

Post a Comment