Wednesday, October 2, 2013

Just WOW

Today’s Numbers: Nancy's Days Run: 149 Nancy's 2013 Mileage: 684.5 Elly's 2013 Mileage: 329.3 Money Found For Food Bank: $14.58 in change; $25 in bills

2012 Found-Money Food Bank Donation: $7.83
 
Okay, so the little gadget thing that normally lets me update my numbers has an attitude and is resistant to change. You know, if I were resistant to change, I wouldn't have started running, so, take that, gadget!  Anyway, I'll either get that figured out, OR I'll just update at the top of running days. Frankly, the latter makes more sense to me ... hmmm ... now I have some thinking to do ...
 
In the meantime, though, I must show you the glory of this morning's short run. Nooo, not the money I found (although, I did find 5 more pennies today ... awe ... some ...). I mean this:
Yes, it was a good morning for a sunrise!!
I can't help but look at a random streak like that orange
blaze at the top and think that if I were painting that, I
might fear that particular streak looked fake. It sure
looks awesome painted by nature!!
Okay, this reminded me of a movie where someone is
stranded on a boat in the middle of the ocean and a big,
huge head appears in the clouds looming over the person
and it's either scary or awesome depending on the movie ...
I cannot get enough of a fabulous sky!!
Yes, it was a good morning for a sunrise, and that's a great way to start a run! I'm not sure Elly thought it was such an awesome run. That girl was 3 miles of resistance training today. It kind of sucked if I'm being honest. But, it's her last run until Sunday, so I was patient. Mostly.
"Um, mommy? Do you happen to recall
it's called the puppy pace? PUPPY
pace?! *SIGH*!!"
Never fear, she made it through. We both did absolutely no worse for the wear!!
 
I will take this opportunity to admit that I have yet to grasp that I am running a Half Marathon in 4 weeks or so which means running 10 miles on Friday. I'm not so sure I'm feeling on board with that; 9 was doing me juuuuuust fine!! Well, I best get on board because it's coming!!
 
'Know what else is coming? Rest Day!! That's tomorrow, folks, so I'll see you then!

No comments:

Post a Comment