Monday, September 30, 2013

Love Is All Around

Yesterday may have started with a jolt after sleeping later than I usually do and getting my run on faster than normal, but the rest of the day was smooth sailing complete with a trip to the park in perfect park weather!! I took advantage of our outing by taking Elly on a lovely walk, and, after overhearing a few statements by another park goer, I knew I had to share our afternoon!

You see, Elly and I were strolling on a path when we came up behind a young (early 20s) couple. It was right then that I overheard the woman talking about much she loves her dog and that she has never, ever seen anyone appreciate their dog as much as she does hers. She was rather adamant about this, too. Seriously, there was a tone. A huff if you will. Then she happened to catch me and Elly out of the corner of her eye, and she was completely silent until we parted ways. I just kept looking at my girl, who was in full-on investigatory mode, and I smiled. Fortunately, there's enough love in the world for any of us who so choose to love and appreciate our dogs!

And, seeing as this blog, and even my running pace, is named for her, well, I thought I'd honor her today by sharing a few glimpses of yesterday's adventures!
"Hey, mommy, does that other loved-and-appreciated dog have
a full wardrobe of bandanas featuring Snoopy plus some others
that accent my pretty fur?"
"And, does that other dog mind its manners
and totally focus on whatever its owner
wants ...
... ooo ... what's over there ...?!"
"Yeah, focus ... I'm a laugh riot. But, what
I lack in focus I make up for in total
cuteness. Right?!"
"AND is that other dog photographed as much as I am?!
Wait ... aren't super models supposed to be paid ...?"
" 'Scuse me ... I need a sniff break."
"I don't know about all of these things, but I do hope that other
dog is loved this much. We canines deserve it!"
Elly will be happy in the morning as I leash her up to go for our run! Focus on what you love today like I did ...
"Mommy, we're totally BFF's. 4-evah !!"
... and I'll check in after the morning run!

No comments:

Post a Comment