Wednesday, October 16, 2013

Morning Goodness

Today’s Numbers: Nancy's Days Run: 157 Nancy's 2013 Mileage: 728.7 Elly's 2013 Mileage: 349.3 Money Found For Food Bank: $15.54 in change; $25 in bills

2012 Found-Money Food Bank Donation: $7.83

When Elly and I ended our run this morning, it was only 44 degrees. Yeahhhh!! You know that makes this girl happy! Frankly, it works well for both of us seeing as I don't run in a fur coat.

Ohmygosh, speaking of! ('didn't see that coming, did you?) Did you hear about the dude in Minnesota who ran a marathon in a Chewbacca suit? I'm totally not kidding; here's the tv pic I took while watching GMA:
He finished in 5:24, too ... in a Chewbacca suit!! Not many things leave me speechless, but I think this just did.

TOTAL LIE as I go on to tell you about my morning run!

It started out with really good stuff:
Oh, yes ... love this!
And, this!
Some color hanging on while its friends
right behind it are going to seed ... more
goodness for next year!
For the awesome views nature provided today, I have to say this other view is one of my favorites:
That's Elly using the facilities mere feet
away from a trash can!! Is that planning
on her part or what ?!?!
And, as it was cold, her deposit was steamy which put Christmas carols in my head for almost the entire run. You needed to know.

The music flew out of my head when I encountered unexpected construction totally blocking my route. I knew the construction was there, I just didn't know it had completely infiltrated paths upon which I was counting. The awesome thing, though, is that it caused me to go through my go-to drive-thru the opposite way I usually run it which is how I found a dime up against a ridge that I would have simply run over and not seen had I been going my normal way. Not only that, but my continuing-on strategy was also blocked by construction, so I had to backtrack through the drive-thru which is when I found even more money because I looked in the cracks.

Today's money total for the whole 3 miles: 24 cents. Therefore, I am only 29 cents away from doubling my 2012 change donation!! WAHOO!!! That's worth the running!!
 
It was a good run all the way around, but by the end, Elly had had it. Two garbage trucks scared the bejeebers out of her, she was no fan of the construction, and I flat tired her when she was being super-pokey for seemingly no reason toward the end of our run. All told, she was done when we finished.
"Um, let's not forget about the embarrassing potty shot,
mommy. That didn't help matters today."
She won't have to worry about such morning nuisances tomorrow as it's Rest Day! We will most definitely see you from there, though!

No comments:

Post a Comment